Thursday, February 12, 2009

Husband in India, Flowers from Ecuador


When it's the dead of winter and you're about to go a little loopy from the ankle-biters because your husband has been in India for 7, going on 8 days, NOTHING is better than spying a large package on your front door. He he he.

"Look, Zina!! Daddio sent us something for Valentine's Day."
"Mom, I want it to be a baby sister from India."
"Probably not. Maybe next time, honey."

Luckily, it wasn't a baby sister from India. It was two dozen roses from Ecuador. Men, just so you know, you can't go wrong with anything called Fifty Flowers (dot) com.

What do you get when you mix Marco of India, Robbie of Scotland and Alfredo of Ecuador? You get a card that is a spot of springtime for a lonely housewife of Orem. Thanks, guys. (I'm still trying to figure out what that first letter "D" is all about. I quite enjoy the South American illumination.)

THEN, just when I thought it couldn't get any better ... this big, beefy FedEx guy pulls up in front of my house, walks right up to me, looks me straight in the eyes and says in a smooth, low voice, "Ma'am, sign here, please." Flowers and a package? It is taking all my will power to wait until the little people are asleep to dive into my new book: Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day. Like I am just going to spend 5 minutes a day on the book alone, much less the bread.

(Didn't get a picture of the attractive FedEx guy. I thought it might be inappropriate to post a shot of his sexy calves when I'm blogging about my romantic husband -- even if Marco is on the other side of world -- and even if the guy looked great in those FedEx Bermuda shorts. But I digress.)

Here's the total package, but the real "total package" is working hard in India. Thanks, lover. Just so you know, for Valentine's Day this year -- I got you a couple of pairs of sexy FedEx Bermuda shorts.
(This is when she still thought it might be a new baby sister.)

5 comments:

Kaje said...

I think it's supposed to be "O" my love is like a multi-colored rose...

and that picture of ZINA!!! Ohhhhhh I think I may have a new favorite of favorite.

I want to draw her happy hands!

YAY!

andi said...

I am so glad you can read Ecuadorian-Burns-isms. It was driving me crazy. And please draw those hands when ever you like.
(Hey, what should we eat this week?)

Carolyn said...

who are Robbie and Alfredo? What beautuful flowers! Happy Valentines day to you!

Katie Davis Henderson: Editor and Writer said...

It's an O! And I thought you liked Fiddlesticks. Pshaw!

I kind of wish it had been a little sister from India! Oh well, we can bring you one from Peru if you want.

andi said...

Carolyn - The quote is from a classic Robbie Burns tune.

Katie - Yes, but did Alfredo (who quality checked the flowers and wrote the card) know it was an "O"?

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.