Thursday, June 25, 2009

Box Kid

The other night I came home to find Zina out cold inside a box on the floor of Marco's office. It was pretty much the best thing I have seen in a while. 

I still can't figure out if it was Zina's idea or Marco's newest babysitting brainstorm. Either way, I think it appealed to me because it evoked the emotion of staying in a really small hotel room. Maybe this will be a new Japanese trend? This might be just what overnight flights will start using to help passengers sleep. It's a good idea, don't you think?
 

I tried to rouse her but she wasn't having any of it. I love the look of deep REM on a baby's face. (She's still my baby.) When is the last time you fell asleep in a cardboard box? 

This just might the answer to my insomnia!! I'll let you know tomorrow.

4 comments:

ginger said...

that picture is pretty much the best thing i've seen in a while too.

Kaje said...

I find the smell of cardboard is very soothing.
NAPTIME!!!

christine said...

So sweet! I do sometimes wish I lived in a cardboard box, because in my mind it would be much simpler.

Anonymous said...

Awesome. I don't remember the last time I fell asleep in a cardboard box, but I do remember that i used to do headstands against the back of our stuffed armchair... and I remember waking up to an upside down Bert and Ernie on TV...I had fallen asleep in a headstand!

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.