Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I know it's bad for me, but ...

I LOVE this ...

I lust for this ...

and this room makes me want to change my religion.


The kicker is that I just told the painters to paint everything GREEN. Lord help me. Well, that is exactly the problem. The Lord isn't going to help me. At the end of the day, Jesus doesn't care what color I paint a room. How depressing is that??? Color is driving me MAD and Jesus doesn't care.

Man.

This is the President of the United States -- thinking deeply about color -- looking fabulous -- in his red room.

Could this be the sign I've been waiting for???

8 comments:

laracandland@gmail.com said...

I deeply love red rooms, and green rooms almost as much. The first green room I ever saw was my friend's dining room in NYC--we were just coming off the 80's all white minimalist vibe and it was so shocking and cool. You'll be an early retro-90's goddess.

Carolyn said...

How about using that great wallpaper in your powder room in Orem.....it would look loverly

Kaje said...

TOP ONE--ohhhh it's SO anthropoligieeeeeeee!

and yes you're in trouble.

and YES--you HAVE to have a red room.

The end.

Marco Davis said...

Is it just me, or do these not look exactly cabiny? Not like I'm wanting antlers and cowboy art, but the White House is not what springs to mind when I think mountain retreat. OK, resident curmudgeon, signing out...

christine said...

I think we have the same tastes in colors. Even foods in these colors taste good and are good for you. So rooms in these colors must be good for you as well. I say go for it.

Katie Davis Henderson: Editor and Writer said...

President Obama loves green, too.

emily said...

andi, your bfa project comes to mind...

andi said...

I guess the red will have to wait for the next house. But I have to say, I really love what is evolving with the color now. It's completely different than anything I've ever painted. It's subtle and even could be called neutral. How crazy is THAT?

Emily - interesting you should mention my BFA project because I am thinking of using that deep earthy plum I painted the livingroom. I loved it.

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.