
Zina's painting of Pres. Obama if he were a princess.
Xanny's letter from school explaining that IF they show any part of the president's speech, he will need a PERMISSION SLIP stating whether or not we would like him to participate. Other schools in Utah have already issued apologies for advertising Obama's message to stay in school and get an education.
All of this is good news for my homeschool friends who have tried to talk me into rising to challenge of home education. In truth, I never thought I would consider homeschool because there is NOT ENOUGH government in my kid's public school.
Ah, Utah. You gotta love it.

7 comments:
Oh, it's not just Utah that's doing this. There are families here (not in the CapHill Ward) up in arms over this as well. But seriously, what's he gonna say? Don't school, drop out and be a crack whore. I don't think so. It's probabaly going to be a speech that every parent should be having with their kid about staying in school and working hard. Oh, and a plug for bein' green and reducing carbon emissions.
The suspense is over. You can now read Pres Obama's in-school talk on line.
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32723584/ns/politics-white_house//
Guess what? He tells kids to study hard and pay attention. He doesn't call for socialism or revolution. Now would everybody please chill out and let the man talk to our kids?
I LOVE that painting.
I wonder if the Utah schools will still edit any of it.
Whether you "like" the president of your country or not, I'm a big fan of hearing what he's/she's got to say. Heaven forbid we encourage being informed...
Laughed out loud about your painting melt down. You crack me up! And I'm also sorry. Shouldn't laugh at a sister cryin'.
that is weird! not matter what the whole thing is just weird.
Love the painting!
Post a Comment