Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Dad died. It was big -- big as Lake Bonneville draining all at once into Idaho. It will take a bit to dry off and wade through a now shallow ocean of heavy loam. Just as easy to drown in two inches of mud as 400 feet of water if you stay face down for too long.

Grief makes you dumb, I guess. And I love my new club of women with out dads. You girlfriends know who you are and I thank you!!!

4 comments:

SALTZWORKS said...

My heart hurts for you.

Brenda E said...

It's been 22 years for my dad. On the other side of the coin my grandma is almost 100 years old. May 1st is her big day. It sure isn't predictable. I am truly grateful for the time I have been given with them.

meg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Charity said...

he brought up an awesome daughter.

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.