Monday, October 20, 2008

Happy Birthday, Xanny!!

This is an old picture of Xanny, but I love it. Below is the poem that EVERY Davis must commit to memory before passing to the other side of five.

"When I was One,
I had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was hardly new.
When I was Three,
I was barely me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five,
I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever.
So I think I'll be Six now forever and ever."


Here's to another year of bad hair cuts and general scampiness. (It's a Xanny thing.) Oh, how I love you!!

5 comments:

Carolyn said...

I have had that poem memorized for some time....it is my favorite Winney the Pooh poem --- I quoted it regularly to my CTR 6 class when ever they turned 6....Happy Birthday Xan

Grand Life said...

I love your kids. Happy Birthday Xanny. Hope life settles down soon so I'll have time to stop and visit for a minute. Sorry I didn't make it to your Grandma's viewing-- I was so sick but feeling better now- just a little crazzzzzzy.
Love you guys
Judy

zlb said...

happy birthday xanny! and hi andi . . .its been too long! now that i live in the boondocks i have even less a chance of running into you fun places. sad meow.

Cindy Bean said...

I can't believe he's 6 already. Pretty soon he'll be driving the family car. Time has flown!

andi said...

Maybe he's already driving the family car. Well, he's driving something -- me crazy, mostly.

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.