Friday, July 17, 2009

Up date ...

Now it is 1:00 am, three days later. Still painting. I solved the blue issue by covering the surrounding 500 square feet in two gallons of what Martha calls "coriander". It's her new yellow. (Well, it was a Martha color until I retinted it myself with a half a cup of left over maroon poster paint. I tried pink food coloring first, but it didn't gray it out enough. What ever it take, right?) I love it. It was thick paint, like brushing on Jello banana instant pudding.

My sister, Marcia, came down and spent three hours cutting in. No truer love than painting your sister's walls -- I tell you what!

Marco gets home from three weeks away in 18 hours, the house is a "tiny" bit upside down and Xan tested positive for STREP yesterday. Ah, it's just another day in the life.

As Kirsten Vuissa says, "Blissfully overwhelmed". Now if I could get her to write the book that explains how to love your laundry. (True, she claims to love laundry. What's that girl's secret??)

5 comments:

christine said...

I love clean laundry, although I don't always love the process of getting there, especially ironing.

Check this out for laundry love:
http://thepioneerwoman.com/blog/2009/07/ive_never_been_happier_/


Oh, and when do we get to see a photo of the new color.

ginger said...

how can there be no pictures of this adventure?

marshall p said...

andi- could her secret be drugs? just a thought.

melissa said...

How do you expect us to keep going without seeing pictures??? You are killing us with anticipation. I bet the rooms look great.... knowing what you are capable of.

scuz said...

i need to talk to you about your photography. my brother is getting married in a couple of weeks....my family also needs a family photo taken. are you into doing this sort of thing? please email me at suzanneheaton@gmail.com

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.