1. Link to the person that tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Share lots and lots of non-important things/ habits /quirks about yourself.
4. Tag at least 3 people at the end of your post and link to their blog.
5. Let each person know they've been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
6. Let the confessions begin.
Here we go with my secret obsessions:
1. I love this color green because it is the color of the grass in Houston (in February!!)
2. I LOVE to crash a wedding ... like this one on the campus of University of Houston. We were just wandering aimlessly and POOF there was a wedding party.

(Yes, that is Xanny hanging out with the little groom's men. When I say crash, I mean crash with a camera and a couple of kids! Several guest thought I was the official photographer -- stroller and all -- and I just couldn't find a babysitter that night.)
But look at this darling bride. How could I not shoot it?
3. I really LOVE a hugely pregnant bride's maid! (Pregnant brides are even better.)

4. Butterflies ... need I say more?

Even butterflies worn as jewelry: (This was an exhibit in the Houston Science Center.)
5. I am totally baffled that someone tore down my childhood home and built this monster on our lot. And you know they thought my little rambler house was uninhabitable the whole time they were destroying it. (Marcia, you can see Brockelman's roof on the left side. The pine tree is the one that use to be on the north side of the back driveway.)

6. I like that Xanny wants to name one of his kids "Love One Another". He says it will remind him to be nice to the kid every time he gets angry and starts to yell at him/her. (He says it's a name for both boys and girls.)

7. I am fascinated that I ended up with just two little babies. I thought I was going to just keep growing and dropping kidlettes like apples off a tree. In the end, I really enjoy how balanced my two little ones are with each other and with my life. What's going to happen once they start running off to school? If one as much as goes to the bathroom the other one asks 27 times where he or she went. The greatest gift God ever gave me is that these two are true friends.
(To be continued ...)
8 comments:
Do you have a picture of "the little rambler" you grew up in?
I only ever went to your house in Denver.
Fun post! I LOVE that last picture. And that bride was gorgeous. I love her veil.
I have grown to love Houston too from all the times we go visit dave's old romping grounds. i would love to live down in the part of town where the menil & rothko chapel are.
The photo of your terrific two is very beautiful, very Zen.
This was a great read!
come on andi, homeschool!
i'm inspired by xan and think i should change indy's name to love one another...perhaps paul could be blessed are the peacemakers...
fabulous photography as always.
we're going to be in co from april 2-15, do you think the pass will be open? i'll be back with just fionn in mid-may for a wedding...maybe i could get you a gig...interested?
looks like i'm writing letters as blog comments too.
Great pictures of the kids. I too would like to see a picture of your house in Houston. I think your Mom might have shown me one once because i have a picture of one in my head. But then I have alot of pictures in my head. I wish I had taken a picture of the georgous couple on the NY subway that had gone to city hall to get married on their lunch hour. She was going back to work and he was taking the bouquet home. Good to have you back-- hope you had a good trip.
How great to hear news from you. And the pictures are beautiful like always...
andi, andi, andi...you're waxing sentimental...I love it. good show.
your kids are freakishly good. I wasn't even aware of the line to register for freakishly good children in heaven which is why I didn't stand in it which is why...well, you know.
Lisa - I will have to dig up a picture of the old house. We only lived there for 20 years and you never made it down?
Brooklyn - I totally forgot Dave grew up in Houston. You guys could buy a whole lotta house in Texas. The bungalows in the museum area are to DIE for.
Geo - Zen is spanish for Xan (at least that is how they spell his name at his spanish pre-school.)
Gin - What do think I am doing? Have you been reading Orson Scott Card? He names all his characters funny gospel terms. Even if they don't deserve it like in Lost Boys.
Judy - Your description is better than any picture you could have snapped.
Mirjam - I have to say the warm air did us all good.
Erin - You must of been standing in the "Look Freakishly Like Milla Jovavich" line. BTW - She had a kid named "Ever". How's that for a made-up name?
Post a Comment