Cold and muddy but more fun than playing air guitar with a bunch of six year olds. A weird way to sum up our trip to Boston, there is it is. We spent a week with Andrew and Liz to be there for Liz's senior recital/CD release party. But first ...
... here are a few shots of Boston Cream, I mean - Mud 3.14 Party at the home of our super DC friends, Miles and Joe (You can shoot me later, Ginger!) The food was SPECTACULAR, the children mostly self sufficient* and the adult conversation enlightening as always. What more can we ask for in life.
*It could be said that these three boys were a little too self-sufficient. Apparently we ignored them to the point where the neighbor had to inform us that our boys were filling a bucket with mud and leaves for mixing, then adding body fluids to make it more viscus. It started with spit and went "boyscout" from there. (But, how could that be? They are all such ANGELS!)
I don't think this nice little girl saw the incident, but she thought it was really funny when she heard why the boys were in trouble. (I'll just call her Dougletta because she looks exactly like her father ... and her parents don't seem like the type that want their kid's picture -- much less her real name -- posted on the world wide web.)

I don't think this nice little girl saw the incident, but she thought it was really funny when she heard why the boys were in trouble. (I'll just call her Dougletta because she looks exactly like her father ... and her parents don't seem like the type that want their kid's picture -- much less her real name -- posted on the world wide web.)
The hansom revolutionaries of the "Boston Pee Party"
A muddy group of scally-wags! The girls marched the boys around in straight lines all afternoon. Don't mess with these misses, despite the fact they are significantly younger than their minute-men charges.Below Joe is reclaiming his independence from imperial parental tyranny. I can hear him now. In 30 years, he will still be telling the story of the great Boston Pee Party. "It was in the frozen spring of '09 when we acted like real men. Our message was clear ... THIS IS OUR BACK YARD, AND WE ARE FREE TO PEE WHERE WE WANT!"


5 comments:
Never before has pee been more appealing. Delightful!
Word verification: Fre(e) Conan.
That is hillarious!
I think it's a Y chromosone thing...boys peeing outside - rights of passage --- I'd never seen my 3 year old nephew smile bigger than when he got to pee off of a chair lift! I'm not sure they ever grow out of it (hopefully they learn how not to get caught)!
dougletta is crazy photogenic there. i just saw this craft idea and thought your paper cutting pal might enjoy it http://www.ragandbone.com/blog/?p=1295
I've missed you. Thought you must be on a trip. One of my grandson's refused to be potty trained until someone told his parents to let him pee on a tree. His Mom insisted it must be in the back yard but it took less than a week.
Post a Comment