This is the best Christmas house in the city of Orem and luckily I live across the street from it. I chatted with the nice mexicans who put up all those lights and I could help asking just how much this much bling cost each year. Shall I say??? I know, I know, I have become a blogger MIA. It's because I am "learning" how to use a new computer and I am having a violently ill reaction to all the new bells and whistles. Call it what you will ... all I am saying is that I feel like a Mac PRISONER OF WAR! When do I start loving my Apple? Isn't that what all of you promised?!
Last week we my dear crazy friend, Ardell come for a couple of days with her husband Mario and their gorgeous aztec-mayan baby. I would tell lots of Ardell stories here but Raquel has beat me to it. Check out her very fine description of the evening.
We had matching red and black girls. They were the best of friends and I think they should be mission buddies just like their moms were many, MANY years ago in Washington DC.
It isn't all electronic melancholy. (Oh, and we also have that wedding coming up. That's definitely using up a bit of mental memory and causing me to run slower than usual. The truth is, if you know me well then you know I love it. I feel like the Mormon Evil Kennival of weddings. I will take planning a wedding over just about anything -- especially computer mastery. But that is a post for another day.)
Last week we my dear crazy friend, Ardell come for a couple of days with her husband Mario and their gorgeous aztec-mayan baby. I would tell lots of Ardell stories here but Raquel has beat me to it. Check out her very fine description of the evening.
We had matching red and black girls. They were the best of friends and I think they should be mission buddies just like their moms were many, MANY years ago in Washington DC.And that's it. That's all I have for you. It isn't much of an offering but the learning curve on this new "friendly" machine is sucking the life out of my very soul.
OH, WAIT!! There is one more thing. Last night Marco and I went to the movies. That in and of its self is a miracle. What's even better is the fact that we really liked the movie. Dan in Real Life has replaced The Sound of Music as our token theme movie. We both laughed at obscure little details. Marco is an even better version of Dan than Steve Carell pulled off and as for me ... unfortunately, I related more to Dianne Wiest, Dan's 68 year old mother, than to the exotic Juliette Binoche. Maybe in my next life.

7 comments:
great pictures (as usual)! does ardell have a sister named rachel? or she a different ardell? if she is the same, then i remember some quirky, yet endearing, stories about her.
There are more quirky, endearing stories about Ardell than you can shake a stick at. I wish I had been there. Do I need to come down and answer all your questions? What's so hard? Stop crying so much. I liked that Dan in Real Life movie too.
You were mission buddies? Hey, that's something!
And you got a Marco.
And she got a Mario.
And you have matching girls.
Neat-o.
I love the Christensens! It makes me homesick--all those lights and snow. good luck with wedding plans
Brooklyn - There is but one and only one Ardell. If the story was quirky, this is your girl. Yes, Rachel is her younger sister.
Cindy - Would you really come down and help me with my O-so-user-friendly Mac? That is the only thing I could ever wish for this Christmas.
Geo - I have bragging rights to meeting both Ardell and Kirsten before anyone else in Provo. Ardell when she was considering running to another state with a born-again preacher lady mid mission and Kirsten in wilderness survival school for harden teenage criminals. Top those two.
Rissa - I was out taking this picture at mid-night when your dad drove past thinking I was stalking the neighborhood. I got a nice shot of the tree in front of your parent's house.
I can't top it. I can't.
But Andrew McCarthy flirted with me Sundance.
Wow. Great to see a pic of Ardell and her beautiful baby girl. Haven't seen Dan in Real Life. It hasn't made it to Tirana yet. Its nice to have a recomendation for the future.
Post a Comment