After the wedding, Marco and I headed down to Tennessee to see Katie and Sam. Unfortunately I inadvertently deleted any pictures I took of Katie and Sam (I'm so sorry guys) but I do have a few shots from the B&B we stayed in. The Maple Grove Inn is an old, old house hidden away on 20 or so acres of Tennessee forest. It is also home to "The Lady in Blue." That would be the ghost the charming inn keeper (think Hell's Angel gone bad -- real bad) reminded us occupied the room next to ours. (If you look closely, you can catch a glimpse of The Lady in Blue peeking through the shutters on the second floor of the house.) She was one of the first Mrs. McCoughans to inhabit the house. Maybe she died of a broken heart after her soldier never returned from the war?The other thing the inn keeper mentioned was that we were the only guests at the Inn and that he would be just a 15 minute Harley ride away if we had any trouble. That's right, we slept in the haunted house ALONE.
Well, Marco, Katie and Sam decided to take off the next morning at 5:30 am, well before dawn, to see the sun rise over the Smokies. You know what that meant ...
I was completely and utterly alone in a haunted mansion, hidden in the Tennessee forest, 15 minutes away via Harley from anyone who would hear my screams. (This is a shot of the rattling bedroom window shudders from my bed at 5:45 am. I wasn't sticking around to meet The Lady in Blue in person.)
Where did I go, you ask? I, of course, walked alone down this haunted lane to the misty 200 year old CEMETERY!!! (Yes, Shauna would have wet her pants.)
I heard the roar of thunder and, of course, a HUGE storm came up from no where. I was trapped under the towering oak trees in the pouring rain when I looked down and saw this ...
It was the grave of Thomas M. McCaughan, the dearly departed husband of The Lady in Blue. She had lead me here, I know it. That is what I get for not watching the sunrise from the Smokies. You never know, folks, you just never know.Now I just worry that TLiB has followed me home to Utah.

9 comments:
Yeah, but you should have seen the whole army of confederate soldier ghost-zombies we had to fight through on our way to the top of the Smokies sunrise.... You were better of with the gentle Lady.
On top of Old Smokie...there's new meaning now! Where was Katie?
Marco - You stop that right now.
Carolyn - I had never put "Old Smokie" together with THE Smokies. Katie went with Marco and Sam.
you freaked me out!
maybe she was just lonely and needed a friend...
Maybe she wants you to do her temple work.
yeah, temple work was Chuck's thought too.
Hey - Geo and Ginger should be friends! You guys would really hit it off.
Marsha - What, I have to be nice to the scary ghost lady? Should I invite her to our next girls dinner?
it might be kindof exciting! a new friend...
Post a Comment