Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Aliishyahh Cinderella -- En Memoria

You know how much I love a good obituary. Tonight we are here to remember the short life of Aliishyahh Cinderella -- bunny of Katie and Sam. All interesting obits have a little back story so I have taken the liberty of including exerts from Katie's blog.

===============================
December 15, 2008

Look what Sam brought me! We named her Aliishyahh Cinderella. Sam had a dream that we had a baby girl and I wanted to name her Alicia. So in naming the rabbit, it was only appropriate. Only, I opted for the Utah spelling.

Cinderella is her second name because her favorite spot so far is by our wood stove. We're in the process of building her out-door home, but for now she likes hanging out by the fire.
===============================

To which our ever responsibly thinking friend Carolyn commented ...

um...where is Aliishyahh Cinderella going to go when you start your around the world travels?....you're not going to eat her and tan her hide are you ---not after you've named her....I don't think you want to get her through customs in all of the places you are going! :-)


I asked a few of my friends who live in the Logan area if anyone wanted a fuzzy bunny. Finally, just a few days before Katie and Sam left for their world travels, my friend, Emily, said she thought the bunny would be a great addition to her family. Immediately, I called Katie to tell her the good news -- but I was too late. Sam had just taken her out to the woods behind their house and set her "free". This was on December 27th ... in Logan ... in a blizzard!!

Last week, Katie sent me this note from Peru:

Guess who Sam's mom found frozen to death in our front yard a couple weeks ago. I know! (SOB!) it was Cinderella Alyshaaah. So, since they deemed the ground too frozen to dig a grave and figured we wouldn't want them to just toss her somewhere (like a garbage can, or even a forested canyon...which is totally what I would have wanted them to do) they wrapped her in a garbage bag and stuck her on top of the buffalo in the case freezer. So I guess we have 60 lbs of Buffalo and 2 lbs of Bunny Wabbit waiting for us at home.

Anyone hungry for a little Hassenpfeffer?

3 comments:

Veeda said...

so sad!

Anonymous said...

Sorry. That's hilarious. And strange that just Monday my mom, sister and I were sitting around talking about all the weird spellings of Alicia we've come across as teachers recently.

Katie Davis Henderson: Editor and Writer said...

I´m grieving here, Andi! I´m in mourning! It's not funny. :(

well, it kind of is. Honestly though, I'm not all that interested in burying her when we get home. Regular bunnies don't get burials, they get eaten by foxes. It's nature's way! Oh well.

Esmeralda, your future best friend, says "hola." She's my newest facebook friend, check her out.

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.