We're back!! And India was great. Well, maybe I didn't go to Kolkata with the little people but someone else has been there ...
It's Marco! Today is day 21 of being a single mother while he has been working in India. (That is a really long time -- a painfully long time.) Here are a few pictures of the sights and sounds of Calcutta now Kolkata. Hopefully, he is coming home tomorrow! Next week I will have him write up a few lines about his adventures. Just for the record, I hope he brought me something from this bead guy. (Suddenly I have the urge to paint a door bright blue. Quick, only 32 hours until my husband gets home. Where's the paint?)
Marco says there is a "planned community" of 3 million just outside of Kolkata named Salt Lake City. Below is a groom on the way to his wedding. 
Random tidbits:
1. Best Indian movie of the year -- Namesake.
2. Zendina had her baby this week! Still no word on a name.
3. Last night Xan asked me if Heavenly Father created prokaryotic bacteria cells that make us sick on accident. What am I suppose to say to that? Kim, any suggestions? He also wants to know if Heavenly Father is perfect, does he have lymph nodes?
4. Up coming post will include highlights of our recent trip to St. George, Jeff's wedding poem to Katie and a response to Cindy's tag.
5. Marcia is whipping up a hot and spicy recipe for Valentine's Day and maybe Emily A. will make me some homemade marshmallows for no good reason?
That's all.
3 comments:
I was beginning to worry...in fact I told myself....if she doesn't blog today - better call and see if the winter blues have pinned her down...it sounds like you just got out of Dodge and had a road trip ---- one solution to missing your man! Glad you're back! I think Ill call you anyway!
Carolyn - I am alive and just trying to decide if I should clean the house before my husband comes home. My sister said that it would be a great disservive to him to make it look like it was just perfect and easy while he was away. I think she just might have something there.
Hey, how about the blue door? Did you do it? (I can't stop dreaming about blue and green walls since I saw Nanny McPhee.)
Congrats to Zendina!
Congrats to you for surviving single momdom.
Post a Comment