Sunday, April 27, 2008

Katie Henderson's Senior Recital

Look who's finished with school. Katie performed her senior recital this weekend in Logan. She was beautiful, the music sublime and the location perfect for an evening of wonder and awe.

She chose the Episcopal church for her venue which was perfect acoustically, especially for the 17 minute unaccompanied Bach. Why don't Mormons get to gaze at stain glass windows all through church? A church could be true AND beautiful.
Here is the view from the balcony.

Here is Katie in action in a time elapsed shot.

Of course the real show started after the recital. We brought Kat with us from Orem and the two of them jammed while the little ones shook their booties. (Marco was slightly distraught that he forgot his drum and started banging on anything he could find.)

CONGRATULATIONS, TO KATIE AND SAM. (Sam is also graduating.) Now they are finished with school, they are packing their bags and heading to Tennessee for the summer. I talked to Katie yesterday and she told me that in stead of buying a cap-and-gown and attending convocation, the happy couple opted for a matching set of USU sweat suits and Aggie blue ice cream.

Good luck in the deep south of Knoxville. Hopefully, Katie will find loads of Bluegrass and Old-time fiddling to sit in on while she is there.

6 comments:

shaunita said...

We have a few LDS chapels in our stake that have great stained glass. I got to stare at some today. It was lovely.

Emily said...

Sorry we missed the recital--we were in Provo. I guess there won't even be a next time. Hmmm---just missed out completeley

erin T to the S said...

hooray for katie. Didn't that go by kind of fast or is it just me? Is that the Downeast dress she's got on? I was wondering who could wear that well...apparently it's Kate

andi said...

shauna - You mean I don't have to change my religion, just my address?!?

EM - She will be back in Logan next fall for a masters in something so there just might be a next time.

Erin - I could never get away with wearing that dress!!

Katie Davis Henderson: Editor and Writer said...

Fall 2009 I'll be back for a masters... we're going to go be irresponsible for a year, first!

Anonymous said...

"A church could be true AND beautiful." Oh man, don't even get me started. This last Sunday, I walked through a glorious spring afternoon, full of new leaves and blossoms and birds and sunshine, to our church, where I sat in a darkened chapel, with long ugly curtains covering every window. Because that's the policy. Sigh. The meeting was wonderful and uplifting, but the contrast in setting was almost enough to make me go join Emily Dickinson.

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.