
Aunt Kimmy - this is for you. Longwood devotes several acres to bee education for small children. I don't know how accurate it is but the kids LOVED it. Here is the queen bee's throne. (How do they fit that thing into the hive?)

Xanny was smitten with this sign. He had to pose for several pictures with it. Click on the picture to see more Kim facts - oh, I mean bee facts.

We learned that bees really only see purple and think flowers are just fountains of joy to go play roll around inside of. Here is a what a "flower" looks like on a bee scale. I just finally got my kids naked and let them roll all around inside the fountain.

This little bug got coldy in the water. (Check out those Davis eyebrows. Move over Frida - here comes Zina.)
Ok - I am doing this in our Utah yard next year. This is Xanny running on the "Bee Boogie" path. They explain how bees communicate with each other by doing different dances. The wiggle dance says there is food far away and the circle dance says the food is close to the hive. Here they simply dug a trench and laid brick in bee path circles. (Note to Marco: I really liked this simple low matenance feature. Hint-hint.)
Oh how I love a blue table and red chairs. Tomorrow I will have to post all the outdoor kid space ideas they had at Longwood.

6 comments:
if your kids are frida, ours are chewbaca.
I probably shouldn't post on our own family blog, except that (1) I have to agree that the Longwood park is amazing and (2) I have to say these are really great pictures and (3) I have to admit that we have pretty cute kids!
and (4) I told him that if he really loved me he would leave a comment. I love you too.
Yeah! marco posted a comment. You are supposed to post comments on your site, it is good form. Lets people know you are reading the comments and care. I love the bee-propaganda. I really have to see these gardens. I really want a garden in my yard. I want brick or cobble stone paths with moss or grass growing between them and large hedges and lots of trees.
brook-
I love uni-brows on little kids! It makes them look like they are serious about life - like little grown ups.
LOVE this place! I wanna go.
Post a Comment