To answer Brooklyn's question ... this is my sappy love song to my friend in Washington DC. I love this city and Bread's "If" is the best way I can find to explain my feelings.
dianna douglass!!! I met her in the airport in rio, brazil where we spent a most delightful week exploring, hang gliding, island hoping, etc., she is a gem!!!
Zina - If anyone else said they met some random person in an airport in Rio and then proceeded to go hang gliding and island hopping I would know they were joking. But we are talking about Zina and Dianna ... HOLY COW what a combo for adventure.
Incidentally, Dianna - for those who do not know her - is an NPR producer who spent quite a bit of time reporting from Bagdad. She told me every one there just calls the Green Zone SHAGDAD. She said it is basically an American brothel of sex and smut. Lovely!
I made it sound a bit more adventurous than it was, we met in the rio airport on purpose, but in reality had never met prior. we were both in brazil for a dear mutual friends wedding and both wanted to play in rio prior to the wedding. after about five minutes of meeting i mentioned I really wanted to go hanggliding and she blurted out that she had already made us reservations! kindred spirit!
5 comments:
Ahhh, I should have guessed such literary genius was written by Bread...
dianna douglass!!! I met her in the airport in rio, brazil where we spent a most delightful week exploring, hang gliding, island hoping, etc., she is a gem!!!
I am SO excited that I made the blog! I love the picture, (but I really need an eyebrow wax... ouch!)
Miss you guys!!
Zina - If anyone else said they met some random person in an airport in Rio and then proceeded to go hang gliding and island hopping I would know they were joking. But we are talking about Zina and Dianna ... HOLY COW what a combo for adventure.
Incidentally, Dianna - for those who do not know her - is an NPR producer who spent quite a bit of time reporting from Bagdad. She told me every one there just calls the Green Zone SHAGDAD. She said it is basically an American brothel of sex and smut. Lovely!
I made it sound a bit more adventurous than it was, we met in the rio airport on purpose, but in reality had never met prior. we were both in brazil for a dear mutual friends wedding and both wanted to play in rio prior to the wedding. after about five minutes of meeting i mentioned I really wanted to go hanggliding and she blurted out that she had already made us reservations! kindred spirit!
Post a Comment