Thursday, March 6, 2008

Party -- Texas Style

It was a party like they only have in Texas. We stopped in on Duc and Cyan. Duc is the Marco's first "son" and he certainly treated us like next of kin. If you don't know Duc's story of how he came from Vietnam and ended up on 5 acres just outside Austin with a BeAuTiFuL wife, Cyan, click HERE for the whole story.

What Texas mansion would be complete with out a giant B-B-Q and riding lawn mower? We ate (and ate, and ate) short ribs marinaded in lemon grass and fish sauce. It was culinary HEAVEN.
Inside Cyan made course after course of the best Vietnamese food I have ever had. Recently they went to Vietnam on their honeymoon and I asked Cyan what the highs and lows were for her. She told me the food wasn't as good as she had anticipated. I told her that was because who could ever make better food than she did. It was so fresh and tasty.

Spring rolls: Zina's new favorite food. The other kid wasn't nearly as adventurous with his palate.
Some things will never change. Below is a picture of Cyan's shoes when she got married this summer. And .... . . this is what she wears to work everyday.
After our visit I had exactly the same impression as I did the day we went to their wedding.
"The whole day was beautiful. And latter that night, I asked Jesus if I could come back in my next life as Cyan the Asian Princess."

5 comments:

erin T to the S said...

does her job include a poll...of any kind?
yeah, you and me both...reincarnation..my only hope obi wan...

andi said...

Oh Erin, I just can't take you anywhere, now, can I. Actually she has a masters from UC Davis in accounting or business. She's working in a bank running there home equity branch. Of course.

brooklyn said...

sign me up, too. i would love to come back making food like that and wearing shoes like that...(well, maybe take off two of the nine inches so i can walk).

Geo said...

I think some people are born with the stiletto gene. Me, I was born with the barefoot gene.

Jen and Shane said...

where does she special order those shoes? and where can i special order ssome of that food???

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.