Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Really I was planning on posting the top 32 Valentine's desserts from Marcia's Trash-Talk Merinques to Magnolia Bakery's Red Velvet cupcakes but that will have to wait for another day. Tonight I will give you a small window into the brain of my preschooler.

Most of you know I have a kid who has a penchant for the scientific. This morning he literally threw himself on the floor and refused to go to preschool until I explained how ribosomes produced the amino acids in conjunction with the endoplasmic retiticulum that result in a protein to be transported to the golgi bodies and, finally, exit via active transport through the cell membrane. No really. He can look at an illustration of chromosomes and tell if it is from a boy or a girl. Our bedtime stories are college biology books.

But maybe all this information is too much for my little man's brain. Tonight as he was fiddling with some simple sewing cards I told him learning to sew would help him be a better doctor. (This is a kid who is all too familiar with stitches.) Just before dosing off, he told me that when he is a doctor he was going to sew kids back together with stitches that were stitched in the pattern of Jesus' face.

"That way, mom, anyone who sees their scar would know that Jesus is real ... forever."
(help!!)

12 comments:

GrittyPretty said...

stitches as faith promotion... this is too good. thanks for the peek into his mighty brain and your fantastic mothering. oh my gosh i can't stop laughing!!!

Jen and Shane said...

Oh, Yeah! Its valentines day. I should have remembered to do something for Shane except I spent all day yesterday making cards with Ainsley for all her classmates. I will forever appreciate easily accessable pre- printed valentines available at most grocery stores in the U.S. Thankfully there are only 10 kids in her class. Mom's go way overboard with the candy here. Ainsley will come home totally wired.

Jen and Shane said...

Oh, yeah. And I'm becoming the long term substitue teacher for the Science classes probably for the rest of the school year. I'll send Zan my chapter tests he can do while all the other kids are drawing on walls.

bug girl said...

That was funny. I want my next stitches to be faith promoting.

zlb said...

what about ctr stitches? or a temple? actually i like the jesus idea the very best. xan is a genius.

Grand Life said...

Snow at your Dad & Mom's house must be unbelievable. Andi, check out Google dashboard-Blogs of note- Splendid pictures around the net. Thought of you when I saw them. I'm back to working on my blog. Thanks for the inspiration.
Leave me a comment-- no one else will.
Judy

andi said...

Raquel - Should I be worried?

Jen - I am so happy for grocery store valentines. At the end of the day, I really am not all that crafty.

Kim - "Sacred Scares" a new line of Deseret Borg ... I mean Book. (Try the press on stigmati.)

Zina - I love the CTR idea!

Judy - I think the snow is HUGE. That makes me want to go take pictures. Hmmm.

Grand Life said...

For heaven's sake Andi- your kids are pre-schoolers-- throw them in the car and come stay with us for a few days. We've got visitors until the 26th then we are empty until the 8th of March. We can sleep 4 additional people + a kid on the couch. Legoland is 7 minutes away and Seaworld is 25 minutes if the traffic is good and you've seen the picture of the beach outside. We would love to have you. Your dad has our cell phone #. Set the heat at 55 and turn your water off at the house and your set to go. Let me know when you'll arrive.
Judy

andi said...

Judy - I have to take my kids to a maximum security prison in Ft. Worth TX and then I will be right over.

Geo said...

Customized medical stitching for believers. They'll be breaking their necks and splitting their heads to get in line.

Your life isn't just novel; it is a novel.

andi said...

Geo - I think I need to investigate malpractice insurance sooner than I had anticipated.

emily said...

andi, i'm amazed enough that you know how to write that paragraph. you're the one who should go to med school.

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.