great box! for someone who doesn't have souvenir cups, keychains, etc. with my name readily printed, those kind of finds are awesome. In Guatemala (of all places) they have Brooklyn gum and I had to bring home a few packs.
also, i made the shrimp sambal last night. i had a rare surging urge to cook, so at 11:00pm i started the kitchen whirling with curry ginger and garlic. it was good. to be honest, it was a little more sweet/creamy than i was hoping for--i wanted the spice to be punchier... but it was GOOD. our house still smells marinated in it.
Brooklyn- I am there with you about the creamy part. I always fill it full of more veggies and put it on brown rice. It is funny how some think it is too spicy and some like it hot! Why am I not surprised that you fall into the latter group. Just keep on adding that sweet chili paste until your eyes water.
So glad to spread the Zina love. We ate a lot of this couscous since in our last Paris apt. we only had a crappy hotplate that only got water hot (not ever really boiling). Sorry I could not bring a box home as our luggage was over-packed even when we went over. Still jet lagged, I've been awake since stupid 5 am. Hope to see you sometime--Ann
Ann - I'm so glad you are back. I just found a place called the Kangaroo Zoo were my kids run and jump like crazy people. We will have to meet there sometime soon.
6 comments:
So cool.
It's French, which means it is automatically cool. You should check out Ann's blog. Many pretty pictures of Paris.
great box! for someone who doesn't have souvenir cups, keychains, etc. with my name readily printed, those kind of finds are awesome. In Guatemala (of all places) they have Brooklyn gum and I had to bring home a few packs.
also, i made the shrimp sambal last night. i had a rare surging urge to cook, so at 11:00pm i started the kitchen whirling with curry ginger and garlic. it was good. to be honest, it was a little more sweet/creamy than i was hoping for--i wanted the spice to be punchier... but it was GOOD. our house still smells marinated in it.
Brooklyn- I am there with you about the creamy part. I always fill it full of more veggies and put it on brown rice. It is funny how some think it is too spicy and some like it hot! Why am I not surprised that you fall into the latter group. Just keep on adding that sweet chili paste until your eyes water.
So glad to spread the Zina love. We ate a lot of this couscous since in our last Paris apt. we only had a crappy hotplate that only got water hot (not ever really boiling). Sorry I could not bring a box home as our luggage was over-packed even when we went over. Still jet lagged, I've been awake since stupid 5 am. Hope to see you sometime--Ann
Ann - I'm so glad you are back. I just found a place called the Kangaroo Zoo were my kids run and jump like crazy people. We will have to meet there sometime soon.
Post a Comment