
First things first. Let me put it in writing that if ever we have to cross the plains again, here's who's in my Relief Society; Carolyn, Shauna, Diana, Whitney, Erin, Emily, Kim, Anisa and Brittany. Without these women the Davis family would be a very sad lot. Thank you, thank you, thank you for helping us spin straw in to gold on Saturday night. It was a great party. I only have a few shots of getting ready on my camera. (I was either way too busy or too tired to take any good pictures.) Luckily, Whitney was on hand with her camera and I think she will send me a few of her pictures soon. But I think you can get a feel for how things came together.
Other than glorious Liz, the center piece was Anisa's dark chocolate cake. She surprised us all by making her own fondant to lay over the cake. Fondant is basically chocolate play dough and is not for the novice cake maker. She also made strawberry blossoms and leaves out of sugar-gum paste and we wrapped green silk ribbon (care of Carolyn) around each layer. It was SO GOOD. The decorations and food were all circles with lanterns in the trees and whole peaches, melons, green apples, candies and 18 gallons of BYU Creamery ice cream. Here are a couple of pictures of the pre-party-panic. (But everything looks so calm. I wasn't very calm. I think I even said damn in front of my mother in law! Sorry, Betty Jo.)






It was fun to throw a good bash, especially because Andrew and Liz are totally worth it!
6 comments:
I am in awe of you and your insanity. Let's play when all is over and you feel like hanging out with Provo moms...
I think your pictures captured most of the fun. Of course I was there so I can read more into the pictures, but they are just what I needed to see to bring back the whole night.
By the way, I would totally cross the plains with you. It would make the journey so much better. Oh, how fun. Let's do it. Next summer lets trek from here to Nauvoo. No shoes allowed except flip-flops and our hand carts need to be shopping carts with those tiny wheels that never go the direction you want them to. And all the kids have to ride tri-cycles or big-wheels or walk with stilts.
mirjam - The End is Nigh! I think our last family visitors are heading out today.
Kim - You would just run across the plains and I would have a really hard time keeping up! Last time I crossed the plains I learned how to hang on to the back of a hand cart that was being pulled by someone who had lengthened their stride beyond my abilities and I was dragged to Zion.
I'm totally on board for crossing the plains...I'll be sure to put in writing what I want you to carve on the shade tree you bury me under before you have to trudge on being of stronger constitutions than I have ever been.
that candy saved me in church on sunday...hooray for candy on a saturday night.
Erin, darling, don't sweat it. I have that fancy Valco double stroller that I can plop your body into as we cross the plains. I can totally bury you in Zion.
LOVED the photos!
Post a Comment