Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Total Eclipse of the Heart.

You may or may not know that I am not much of a sleeper. I don't know if it is due to my children or my parents -- via genetics. For once, my insomnia came in handy the other night during the total eclipse of the moon. Zina and I sat out on the balcony and snuggled at 3:00 in the morning watching the moon get darker and redder. She asked me who turned the moon down. It was a miracle we could even see the moon with all the light pollution in Utah. Marco says we have to have our street lamps and porch lights extra bright so the burglars can see exactly what they are doing while they are picking the locks to our cars and houses. Because, in Utah, we are nice to everyone.
Two views of the moon are seen during the eclipse, which happened early Tuesday morning. The image on the left was shot at approximately 3:00 a.m. and the image on the right was shot at approximately 3:30 a.m. They say this is the first time a lunar eclipse has been visible from Utah since 2004. Another eclipse will not be visible from Utah until 2010. Now if we could just have a total eclipse of the street lights. (Then maybe I would sleep better.) Good night Moon.

5 comments:

marshall p said...

that happened in my sign, in case you wanted to know.

brooklyn said...

love eclipses, eclipsi(?). the only one i've ever seen was a solar eclipse in guatemala--eerie and rad.

my sister called yesterday and during conversation said, "how do you know andi, that girl on your blogroll? she is so talented, creative and smart and her kids are super smart. she is such an amazing person!" she was especially impressed by the blood draw and wedding reception (she talked about you at length).

thought i'd let you know you have admiring stalkers.

andi said...

Marsha- What does that mean for your love life?

Brooklyn - I love a good stalker. Just between you and me -- it's all smoke and mirrors, baby. How nice of her to check us out. Is this the sister that looks just like you?

brooklyn said...

you can't create miles of travel, museums and parties with smoke and mirrors.

i only have one sister, kellie. i guess she must look like me, but, i couldn't pull of short hair like her. my head is too long.

andi said...

You are too funny!

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.