It was the wildest party I've been to for years. After nearly 10 hours of partying, my house was strewn with empty bottles, there were bodies passed out everywhere and splattered blood on the walls. And the basement ... WOW! Who knows what happened there -- what happens in the basement, stays in the basement. All I know is that you truly could not walk across the floor for the rubble.
Really it was just a baby shower for Zendina and her anxiously anticipated new baby boy. (All potential names are top secret.) But with NINETEEN small children stuck inside on a winter day, the scene was a little more like a kindergarten frat party. The empty bottles were really just seven little sippy cups (I am sure Olive took a drink from all seven) and the passed out bodies were only 2 to 12 months old. As for the splatted blood on the walls, that part is real. So is the permanent marker incident and the spilled ink cartage on the new carpet.
Thanks, Ari for introducing my kid to Twisted Sister.
3 comments:
My dear Andi: though I was only at your house for an hour, my heart goes out to you and your carpet. You might just be the best party host/girl/hero in the world. I was thinking: we should have a grown girls only movie night at my house. And you should come and not do a thing. I will call you.
Thanks, Mirjam. You were there during the calm part of the party. It was really fun and Xan loves to see if he is cool enough to hang with Liam.
Hey, should I put my kids in the Walden School?
Xan is always cool enough! If you are playing with the Walden idea, just sign them up (you can always change your mind), then go and observe in several class rooms and have a looong talk with Diana. I like the experience but there is also some frustration due to very high expectations on my part.
Post a Comment