
If you haven't made the trip to the FDR memorial I have to highly recommend it, especially if your name is George W. Bush. You could find a lot of good ideas there for say - running a country AND getting people to like you.
"I HAVE SEEN WAR. I have seen war on land and sea. I have seen blood running from the wounded. I have seen the dead in the mud. I have seen cities destroyed . . . I have seen children staving. I have seen the agony of mothers and wives. I HATE WAR.
That would be a good war time quote for someone leading a very unpopular war. (hint - hint)

This is the first image you see as you walk into the memorial. Marco says this is bronze of FDR in a wheelchair was a source of controversy. During his life time he made a point not to be photographed or filmed in a wheelchair. At Yalta he made Churchill and Stalin sit down around him for the photos so not to appear unable to stand. Xanny missed the wheelchair entirely and asked me if he was blind.

We made the kids wait in the food line for snacks today. Zina is checking her pocket to make sure she doesn't have a dime to spare for the guy behind her.
The memorial is full of water falls and located next to the tidal basin. They say water was a major part of FDR's world because of his paralysis

Roosevelt had a trusty side kick, a scotty named Fala. George Bush has a scottie named Barney. ("I knew Fala. Fala was a friend of mine and you, Barney, are no Fala.")

Here are the Pratts on holiday from Utah. They came prepared and are checking off all the memorials one by one.

5 comments:
I'll have you know, without looking at my cards, that FDR was the 32nd president.
Well done, Cindy. I bet you didn't even have to check your cards for the answer. I am going to get you the presidential placemats for Christmas. (And then I am coming over for dinner.)
Looking forward to it! You might have to come for dinner in England though cuz that's where I might be for Christmas.
I have some FDR memorial photos to add when I finally get around to it. Nicely done. I found some old Presidential flashcards at DI today, they only go to the 39th president (is that Ford?). I didn't buy them because...because I didn't.
Huh?
Post a Comment