Back of my neck getting dirty and gritty.
Been down, isn't it a pity
Doesn't seem to be a shadow in the city
All around, people looking half dead
Walking on the sidewalk, hotter than a match head.
It's 97 degrees and 95% humidity. What do you do with a couple of sweaty kids? Two things . . . First cross the bridge to Iwa Jima and go to the Tuesday night Marine march. Talk about sweat, 300 men in full wool uniform. As luck would have it my camera battery was dead so Marco was kind enough snap pictures with his palm pilot. Quite frankly I think it created the perfect feel for the uber-muggy evening. (It felt something akin to walking through warm jello.)


Here is Xanny talking to the 21 gun salute guys about the wounded warrior we met a couple of days ago who had been shot in Faluja, Iraq. I don't know if this marine couldn't understand Xan or if he didn't think a 4 year old would know anything about someone getting shot in Iraq but he seemed completely unfazed by the idea. And that is all I am going to say about that.The second thing you do with kids in Washington DC when it is 97 degrees with 95% humidity is . . . leave Washington DC and take the kids to UTAH! (where it's 95 degrees and 5% humidity. But they've got cherries on the trees when you walk down the sidewalk.) More pictures of our travels forth coming.
2 comments:
I couldn't stand that heat when it was 82 and humid. I don't know how you do it. Today it's going to be a ripe 72 degrees outside. Why am I leaving?
Because if you stay any longer I am going to move in with you - and I'm bringing the kids!
Post a Comment