Saturday, June 2, 2007

Twin Cousins



About five years ago when I was six months pregnant with my first, I call my sister-in-law, Angela, also six months pregnant with a boy. The conversation was regarding what we were thinking of naming our kid-to-be. As most of you know we are absolutely no good at naming our kids. (Our last kid didn't get an official name until she was nearly two. Even now she thinks she can just come up with a different name everyday like changing clothes. Lately she has insisted on "Wendy". But I digress) I told Angela that I knew they were planning on naming their kid Alexander Davis and would it be so bad if we did the same. At the time Alexander (Xan) was the ONLY name we could agree on. She was nice and smiled saying she thought it would be great. Then we even went so far as to have our kid just HOURS before theirs and stealing their name. Now they are twin cousins and LOVE having the same name. Who would of thought two little boy would get such a kick out of being twin partners in crime. This weekend the cousins are visiting from Ohio for their dad's Georgetown reunion.




Here I give you Ethan, Alexander, Alexander, Camilla Zina Sabine Favorite. Those last four names belong to the littlest kid. I told you we were no good at names. Here we are on the way to Saturday's market.





Now we move on to a different name - Martha Fowler. Martha Fowler is a woman I have notice selling produce at the market on Saturdays. I know her name because several weeks ago I saw the photo below from 20 years ago on a sign describing the history of Eastern Market. (You can find this "Barracks Row Tour of Duty" walking tour sign #16 on 8th street across from the market.) Look below for the details. The sign says her family has been a part of the market since 1873. I love this city.


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.