Friday, June 8, 2007

National Archives



What to do with kids when the heat index is pushing 100? Field trip to the National Archives. It is such a big building for a small piece of paper. As Zina says, "We go see The Decoration of Independence Ave." (Actually she completely melted down before the line made its way past the case holding the real thing.)








Marco says this shot looks like future Zina at 10.





First there was Zach Davis, then came Steven Davis. Well move over Davis cousins and make way for the latest and greatest lady's man this generation of Davis boys has seen. I bring you Xanny and the girls from Minnesota. Here he is impressing them with his new National Archives pencil and they are eating it up.
On the way home we saw the swearing in of the new DC Fire Chief at the charred remains of Eastern Market. I guess this was his first fire as acting police chief. Odd. But they did have a fireman band of bagpipers there that I will show you pictures of tomorrow (and marco's new hair cut - "wow" is all I can say.) By the end of the afternoon we were all melted puddles of people. As I carried baby Zina inside the house I thought of how much I like the sweaty hair of a sleeping baby. See pics below.


2 comments:

Kaje said...

Love, love, love the steps!
( and your red, red, red couch)

andi said...

Kjirst - DC is basically just a giant movie set with great vistas everywhere.

About Me

I avoid house work by field-tripping with my kids. I avoid my kids by blogging.