
Our travels landed us at the feet of Ms. Liberty viewed here from the Jersey side of the river. This is just 15 minutes from my sister's house in Springfield, New Jersey.

Thankfully the cousins, Isabella and Max, has extra coats for my kids because it was FREEZING. I loved the idea of being chilly deep into June but Xanny wasn't too keen on the cold. Baby had been running a fever the day before and just when we got to the park I looked at Xanny and realised he was sick too. What is more fun than TWO sick kids on a solo road trip? (Look below at the last picture for the answer.)

On the way home from Jersey I stopped at the DANSKO shoe factory and outlet. It was a beautiful thing to walk into a backroom full floor to ceiling with cheap Danskos. I am not going to say just how many pairs of shoes I bought because I know that Marco reads the blog. But I will say that the kids shoes are to DIE for. (Marco wasn't too excited about men's clogs. What is your vote on men and plain black clogs? Are they hip and a little preppy or they only for male stewards on air planes?)

Meet Hashim, our friendly AAA guy! We LOVE Hashim because he came and unlocked our car door after I locked my keys inside at some random Exxon station in Baltimore at 7:00 pm. That is what you get when you try to road trip alone with 2 sick small children. All things considered I have to say it was a lesson learned and you can do a whole lot of really good people watching when you hang out for two hours at a Baltimore gas station.


5 comments:
clogs on men... not so much.
Marsha - I knew you would know the answer. Marco didn't like the idea either. I told him he just had to get himself a pair or white jeans and then the clogs would work. Mmmm, mmmm - yummy.
I vote nay. I also have a hard time with capris on men. But some men might be able to pull off either and still look manly?
Kim - Just for the record, I really don't any men look manly when they are pulling off capris and clog - be it their own or some other man's! (sheeze)
white jeans pretty much pull together any outfit... for a rapist.
Post a Comment